Sunday, April 20, 2008

Meetings and Thank You Cookies



Today I had a meeting at 8 AM for church. Then I taught the lesson in Young Womens (fun lesson on extended families by the way!) Then tonight I had another meeting for Girls' Camp. Busy Sunday......and next week looks like more of the same. (Actually camp is six weeks away, so we are super busy until then!) So I came home from my meeting tonight and Adam and the boys weren't here because they went to see Grammy and Grandpa. The house was all dark and I was feeling rather glum without my boys here to greet me, so I went to let our kitty outside and there was a plate of cookies (chocolate pudding cookies!!) on my porch! Included was a nice little card with notes from my next door neighbor girls, Ashley and Nicole. Seriously- they are the best! It really made my day. You just go and go and go and sometimes think- am I doing anything good, right, necessary or important? Little things like these cookies and note help me remember that people are benefitting from all of these meetings! That girls are learning and growing and succeeding in their lives, sometimes with a little help from a thought from our little lessons and activities.

So my challenge for everyone reading this blog entry is this- tell someone in your life " thank you" this week. Email a friend and let them know how they have influenced you. Take some cookies to your awesome next door neighbor or to your kid's teacher. I guarantee it will make their day! Love you all by the way! ;)

4 comments:

Ty and Mari said...

I received the same kind of treatment and cried. I love that someone thought about me too!

Nielson said...

That is so sweet! I love how thoughtful people can be--I will definetly tell someone I appreciate them today.

Amy said...

That is so sweet. I love things like that! You're such a great YW president. Seriously, those girls are so, so, so lucky to have you.

Jessica said...

Mmmm...cookies. Yes, that is a great idea. I'm going to do it. By the way, you are an excellent blogger. I love all the stories you tell. I just post lame pictures. I need to start writing about funny and cool stuff that happens like you do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...