Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Trip to the Zoo

Since it's Spring Break- my sister Linds and I decided to have a fun week with our kids. It was supposed to be nice weather on Monday, so we decided on something outside- the Hogle Zoo. We had lots of fun, although we weren't ready for it to be THAT warm, and we got a little bit burned- except for Elliott- his skin turns straight to tan! I keep laughing as I remember pushing our double jogger stroller up the hill so we could let the kids play at the playground at the end and Ollie was screaming so loud that people would turn around to look with horrified faces and move out of the way so fast! It's pretty funny to think about. You know that point where they are just done? Nothing can make them happy, except for a nice nap? Yep- that's what happened. Fun stuff. It was pretty packed- but it didn't really bother us until we waited in line forever for the 2 minute train ride! Oh well- we had already bought the tickets and the kids were looking forward to it and loved it- all except for Ollie who fell asleep right when we got in line, all through the train ride and when I put him in the stroller. He woke up about 10 minutes later, just in time to go home! I think I got some new muscles from holding 31 pounds of dead weight for that long. He never fell asleep on the way home, so I just put him to bed early. Nice. It was really nice to be outside and feel the warm sunshine for once (I think it got to almost 80 degrees), and now today it's snowing again! :(

This is in the "ghost of the bayou" exhibit with a white alligator. It was so cool to see! (no pic though!)



These giraffes were so cute- just cuddling right next to each other- I loved it!


On the train ride:Benny, Linds, Addie, Elli and Elliott.


Elliott and Benny looking at the waterfall, just relaxing after a long, hot day.

12 comments:

lindsey v said...

I know, I keep laughing about that too, when you were running with Ollie screaming. Ha ha!

Naoma said...

Way cute pictures and cute boys!Love the giraffe picture... Is ollie asleep?? So cute! It was really hot on monday and then snow today... What the Heck!! Oh well.

{leah} said...

Love the pictures! Going to the zoo is always an adventure!

Knudson Family said...

I have lots of good memories at the Hogle Zoo! I took Sam and Brook there once too.

Debra said...

I haven't been to the Hogle zoo in YEARS! It looks like you guys had so much fun.

I had to laugh at your story about Ollie screaming and people giving you "the look". We went to the San Diego zoo last November and my Natalie had a major breakdown- screaming for a good hour. Everybody that could hear her gave me the same look... you would think that people in California had never seen a child cry before but now after hearing about your fun day I'm beginning to think it's just people that go to the zoo :)

The Kohler Family said...

You guys have just been having a ton of fun lately! Luckily you got to the zoo just before this awful weather!

Nielson said...

How funny...I love it when my kids get tired and grumpy during activities that are supposed to be for their fulfillment and enjoyment :) Oh, well--at least you had a peaceful evening!

Amy said...

How fun! Elliott's hair cut is so cute. I love the zoo! I'm glad you had a great time.

Telisse and Kade said...

How fun! Your boys are so cute. Spring break for us was the middle of March. We had a fun week too. This weather is crazy! Sunburns one day..... Snow and coats the next day... love spring! Sini dont miss the Boston marathon on the 21st.

Lindz said...

What a fun day!! Sinika, you are such a fun mom...your boys sure are lucky!! =)

Heidi said...

I know I sound like a broken record but seriously you have the cutest boys!

Chelsea said...

Wow I haven't seen you guys since addie's blessing. Your kids are getting so big!! They are so cute. I am really liking this blogging, Its fun to catch up on everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...