Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Utah Lake

Last week we ventured down to the marina for a picnic the city was putting on. It was chilly out, but we bundled up and brought blankets and our sack lunches and were ready to brave the wind. Oh man- what a wind! We were right by the lake and we could barely breathe! We had our backs to the wind, but it kept taking our breath away! Our lunch sack was fighting to get away and our bread dried out almost instantly. Needless to say, the picnic ended pretty quickly. I let the boys walk on the dock for a minute and then we headed for home.



I thought the clouds looked so cool in these pictures. They were so menacing and moving so fast- you could see the storm coming. I love that there's blue sky popping through too.



I don't know if you can tell the strength of the wind from this picture- but I was scared it would blow the boys in the water! It started snowing like crazy on the 10 minute drive home......and later it was sunny again (but still freezing!) We'll have to go back when it's warmer. We don't go enough even though it's pretty close!

6 comments:

Jody said...

Boy they sure look cold. But they look like they are having a good time.

The Kohler Family said...

That was a crazy weather day! I can't wait for it to finally warm up! Looks like you guys had a good time dispite the freezing cold! :)

Naoma said...

It was a COLD, WINDY day!! Wish we would have seen you there!

lindsey v said...

Sorry that I didn't make that day, looks like I missed out on an adventure. I love the first 2 pics where they're bundled up so snugly. "Okay, now eat!"

Lindz said...

Brrrrr....that looks so cold! You are so brave to go out in that...kinda how today was! Can't wait for it to warm up!

Amy said...

It does look cold. What an adventure! I loved the post of Elliott playing soccer. That is so fun. He was so brave to just go out there and play. I love it. Cute Ollie in the dirt...that kid cracks me up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...