Thursday, April 3, 2008

Sick!

So this isn't a very fun blog entry- but it's what is going on with us lately. We've had the flu all week at our house. We've had a lot of sleepless nights and laying on the couch all day. I think it's really true that once you're sick, you appreciate your health a lot more! So I'm very thankful for my health that I have most of the time.....even though right now I have a yucky cold, my kids have colds, are getting over the flu and Elliott has an ear infection. It's actually the first time he's been diagnosed with an ear infection in his life! I think I'm either an unobservant Mom or he's been really lucky. Most of the time when I take the kids to the doctor I feel a little silly because it's just a cold or something little or untreatable. But this time some neighbor girls suggested Elliott's symptoms were like when their kids had ear infections, so I took him in. Thanks for the advice! Wouldn't you like to see exactly where your kids picked their sicknesses up from? I always wonder that, just so you can avoid it (or clean it) the next time.

5 comments:

Knudson Family said...

Yuck. I hope you all get to feeling better soon! You can also be grateful that you don't live in Texas. I have had a runny/itchy nose/eyes/throat for the last month. Allergies. Everyone has 'em down here! Ugh. Being sick stinks!

Telisse and Kade said...

Bummer....... I hate when our house is sick as well. Kade had his first ear infection last year. I felt the same way Sinik. Babies get ear infections. I was suprised when Kade had one as well and never had one before. This has been a horrible flu season..... cant wait for it to be over.

The Bentley's said...

sorry you guys are sick!! that is horrible... and it's the worst when your sick cause life still goes on... kids still need to be taken care of:) hopefully your on the mend!

Lynette said...

There should be some sort of rule that mom's can't get sick. Sorry you guys haven't had a very fun week. Ear infections are the worst. I hope you start to feel better soon. I agree that you really appreciate your health once you get sick.

metromut said...

Man.... there is a lot of negative talk about getting sick. I think sick people are the best. I wish more people would get sick. Snotty noses, coughs, ear infections- these are like dirty words to me. Remember to tip your doctor.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...