Thursday, July 7, 2011

penny for your thoughts

 Last night as I was putting the boys to bed, I picked up Elliott's shorts to put them in the laundry basket. (He put them next to the laundry basket. Why?!) Anyway- a penny fell out of the pocket. For some reason I couldn't stop thinking about it. I just love thinking about him finding a penny, and still feeling lucky enough to pick it up, instead of just walking past it. He's just on the verge of becoming a big kid, instead of my little boy. 

I know everyone says it, but I wish time could slow down just a bit. 

I want to remember this time, right now, forever. When he still wants to do things with me. And follows me around. And lets me pick out his clothes, even though if he has to, he can match them on his own. He still wants me to read to him every night (we're reading the second Harry Potter book at the moment) and he still tries to get me to sit with him and talk until he falls asleep. He helps me all the time with the little brothers- like holding their hands in the street, or helping them up when they fall. Elliott loves to get Linc out of his crib from his naps- he just jumps in and lowers him out. He's such a sweetheart. Maybe it's that Linc is a little mini Elliott, so I see how small he once was (and how big Linc will be someday!) I get sentimental about my boys all the time. Adam and I both do. I know how lucky I am to have them, and I am fully aware that this is such a great time in our lives!

So here's to enjoying the summer with my 7 1/2 year old Elliott. And living in the moment.

4 comments:

Lindz said...

What a sweet post! I can't believe you almost have an 8 year old!!! WOW!! And I have loved ready all your posts about your Finland trip! What a great vacation....love all your pics....I feel like I went there myself! :)

Scott & Christie Lamb said...

I loved this post! So sweet it made me want to cry about how old my buddy bugs is getting and how someday gabby will be a big girl because she is already growing up too fast! love it

walkerbunch said...

You're such a good Mom! Good post. Just what I needed today. :)

Mama Swalz said...

So Sweet! It seems like just the other day he was just a baby! He's such a helper and a sweetheart! Our little Buggy is going to be just Bug?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...