Sunday, July 31, 2011

summer Linc

Little Lincoln is finally starting to talk a lot now. I was on the verge of being worried, but I knew he understood us, so I wasn't too scared. 

I think 2-year-olds are the best! He is sooo little and cute. Everything he says is darling. I still kiss his cheeks all day long and he doesn't even flinch because he's so used to it. I looove getting him out of his crib in the morning and from naps- he's so happy and talks our ear off. And he still doesn't climb out of his crib. So nice. I can make out a lot of what he says now, unless he gets super excited or playful and he'll just jabber nonsense really fast. Here' s what he's up to these days:

-He says "Eees? Eees!" for "see". 
-He's still on the hunt for gum all day everyday, but only swallows it a fraction of the time now.  
-Calls every cat Suki or Suk (Sook)
-When he wants something he'll loudly demand it, but then realizes his manners and quietly asks, "Pease? Drink? Pease?" (although he says drink, gog.)
-He thinks he's as big as his brothers and tags along with them all day every day.
-When I ask him who each person is in our family pic, he says, Mama, Dada, Ett, Yi, and Baby for himself. I keep asking if he's a big boy or a baby and he insists on baby- I love it!
- His dark little eyelashes and eyes melt my heart. And his hair has gone light for the summer, just like Elliott's when he was two.
-He loves Ben 10. We have some of the action figure aliens and he always carries a couple around in his chubby little fists and cries when the big boys have one and he doesn't. And when the big boys are busy somewhere, he'll take all of them and line them up on the floor and play and play and play with them. 
-He has started singing some songs and it's the cutest thing ever.
-He's a sweet dancer- I've got tons of video of him rocking out. 
-He loves his "bet" and "ba" (blankie and binky) still. 
-He knows the way to his nursery class (I follow him) and loves going in to play and especially loves Sister Killoran.
-He rides his "bike" all over the neighborhood super fast and loves downhill. (It's really a plasma car.) 
-He still doesn't love bread so lunch is interesting- just ham or turkey, cheese and cucumbers usually. 
-He helps himself to the fridge (and pantry if the door isn't closed) all. day. long. He's a grazer that guy.
-We're still teaching not to hit. And he runs away in every store we go to. He's our busy boy. 
- He won't usually hold my hand in a parking lot or crossing the streets, but he'll hold Elliott and Ollie's- which is so sweet and I need to get a picture of. 



We love our Linc-y Bear!

4 comments:

Knudson Family said...

what a cutey-pie in those stripey pjs.

rachel said...

Lovin the striped jammies, I LOVED putting my baby boys in striped jammies. Anyway, he is so cute, I can't believe how big he is getting!

Melissa said...

He is such a cutie. This is such a cute post, what fun things to remember. I can not believe how much he is looking like Elliott. Thanks for sharing!!

Burrell said...

Oh my goodness. Your Mr. Lincoln is so cute! Love those jammies he's rockin'.
P.S. Our little Licoln belongs to my youngest brother, Kevin. Scott's little one is Taylor and she is the sweetest thing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...