Friday, July 8, 2011

Savonlinna

After dinner we went to this giant wooden church. It's supposed to be one of the biggest wooden churches ever built. At first we heard it was because the architect read the plans in inches instead of centimeters, but it was just a rumor. It was huge!


This is just the tower in front.


inside



I thought it was nice that they give these cushions out for the hard benches. I wish my church did that.


ice cream afterwards
This kid could live on ice cream!



Ari & Ollie on the zip line.
Next, we visited a park right by the water. It was beautiful.
Elliott











Cool rocks by the sidewalk. And E & O forever bugging eachother.
The sun set even later in Savonlinna since we were further North. 

The boys had fun sleeping in the closet on an air mattress on this particular night. Really- they loved it. 
And I slept somewhere in that little space between these two guys. 
(Good thing I love to snuggle.) 

3 comments:

Mama Swalz said...

Love, love, love looking at all your pics!! Happy boys and cute smiles!! I love al the blue skies:) Looks like you had great weather too!

Scott & Christie Lamb said...

love the pics! beautiful! the sleeping is hilarious just like you said and that little linc and his yummy face (literally) is to die for! glad you're back cuz I'm jealous :-)

{leah} said...

What a great trip!!! I love all the pictures and the speed limit thing is crazy!!!

I can't believe how big the boys are getting!!

It's so cool that you have some connections there so it makes it a more personal trip than just seeing the sights.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...