Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Oliver the kindergartner

 I think Ollie was born a kindergartner. He's just always seemed ready for it. He was born at 9 lbs 12 oz and the doc and nurses joked that they should send him straight to school. He's been talking in complete sentences and telling us jokes since before he was two. He remembers big words and likes to work them into his conversations whether he knows what they mean or not. He's been dressing himself since I can remember. He is still a bit of a homebody- prefers playing at our house rather than anyone else's, but was so excited to go to kindergarten today. This was our photo shoot- in true Ollie fashion. "Take one like this mom. Now like this." he said.


 We got to the school super early for afternoon kindergarten. He just couldn't wait any longer! I thought they could play on the playground until class started, but since this is a brand new school- they still don't have them ready! No grass in the fields either. I don't know where they will play? Hopefully they'll get it done soon.
 Hudson and Dawson were also in Ollie's preschool class last year. He's sooo excited to be with them!
 With Mrs. Baird who seems great!
 the boys checking out their new school grounds

 Goodbye sweet Ollie! I love you! No tears from either of us... like I said... he was ready. :)
P.S. The tears always come when I do the posts. In my true fashion.

5 comments:

Tisha and Mark said...

I just want to eat him up. I love that he is his own person- true Adam flare. And you never told me you almost had a 10 lb baby!! MAN!

sinika said...

not only one (almost) ten-pounder Tisha... THREE!

Megan Marie said...

ohhh yay ollie! how cute is he! i can hear him saying.. now like this mom! haha he's always been a jokester! he's a little steve-o!

Mama Swalz said...

Oh Ollie! Seems so grown up! But it does seem like he's been ready for so long :) Linc looks like he thinks he might be going too! So cute! I wonder if his teacher knows how funny Ollie is??

Marci said...

I can't believe Emma and Ollie and all those other kids in our neighborhood are in Kindergarten. Crazy. Your boys sure are cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...