Sunday, August 22, 2010

date night with the boys


(Does Ollie look like a McEntire here or what?!)
I don't know what made this Saturday night so different. We had worked outside all day, staining the playhouse. I came in to clean up and Linc basically couldn't be left behind and was soaked from trying to touch the water. Then we heard the rain pouring down outside. Pretty soon Elliott, Ollie and Adam came in completely soaked. Everyone washed up and we went out. We went to one of our favorite places- Sweet Home Chicago. (They have the best cheese sticks and chicken picatta!) After, we let the boys run around outside for a while. There were two kids doing cool bike tricks that we watched, and the boys ran around while we people watched. The rain had washed away the hot day and left us a refreshing night. I don't know why I loved this night so much- just one of those memories I want to keep. So glad I had my camera!



Yes- that is a giant rubber snake I'm holding. Ollie couldn't find it in his heart to leave it in the car. It's so real looking too- lots of double takes that night. But who actually holds all the toys in the end? (Me.)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...