Sunday, August 22, 2010

last day of school- May

My computer wasn't working when school got out in May, so I thought I would hurry and post these pics before school is back in session this week!
Ollie had so much fun in Miss Emily's preschool class. She taught him really great things- like words of the week. He would come home using these big words like "literature" and I was always amazed. She was very sweet to him and he still talks about her all the time.
Elliott had the best kindergarten teacher on the planet- Miss Gurney. The last week of school he made her little pictures and drawings and thank you notes- something different every day.
He learned so much! It was fun watching him in the classroom when I would go to help. He was always so well behaved and LOVED to color. It was funny to see some of the crude line drawings with lots of writing on other kids papers when his were just a few words and really detailed, colorful drawings.
I was very thankful to Miss Gurney for taking such good care of Elliott for his kindergarten year. The best year of their lives. It was amazing seeing her guide his class (thirty 5 year olds, twenty of them boys!) with ease. I actually couldn't stop crying on the last day, when they had a little program. I felt really silly, until I looked around the room and most of the moms were bawling their eyes out.
Our little family. Cousin Kenzie was staying with us for a few days. (Notice my big red cry face?)
Best Buddies- Madison, Elliott and Noah.
On to First Grade!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...