Friday, August 20, 2010

kennecot

Where do you take out of country relatives sightseeing in Utah? To Kennecot of course! It's the largest open mine and rumor has it that you can see it from space. It's kind of cool if you've never been. And it only costs $5 per car, so if you don't love it- you're only out $5.

{Uncle Seppo, Elliott, Ollie, Sini, Linc and cousin Jaakko}
Just one of these giant tires costs $25,000 and only lasts a year. Wowee. Good thing they're getting lots of copper, gold and silver out of that giant mine.
They also have a pretty cool museum to look around in. There's a movie too- but I got to sit outside with one tired, crying Lincoln while everyone else watched it. And of course we visited the mostly copper souvenir store, where my boys picked out the only non-copper items- some colorful rocks.

Then we took the Finns to Target and In-n-Out Burger- because what would a trip to the U.S. be without them? (I don't think they loved either place- silly guys...)

1 comment:

Nielson said...

It's no rumor! When I lived in Texas, my geology professor was fascinated that I used to live next to this mine. I felt so special.... :) And who doesn't love Target?!?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...