Thursday, August 5, 2010

light show

Today when we came out of the dino museum- it looked like it had just dropped buckets of rain. So the kids found a nice clean puddle and started splashing. Linc was very tired and kept falling/swimming in it. And Ollie- well- he went wading in his jeans as usual...

Then later- we planned to go to the temple. After a fiasco of trying to remember where we put the recommends, we dropped the kids off at Adam's parents and were off. I snapped pictures of the sunbeams shining through the clouds as we drove. Inside the temple, we heard hail and the loudest thunder. And then on the way home- we watched the coolest light show ever! I took the lightning pic from my back porch just before 1:00 AM (after about 40 tries!) Kind of fun changing camera settings around...

I just love summer storms! (And why can't I get enough of the ever-changing sky?!)



5 comments:

Knudson Family said...

ooooh...such a cool lightning picture! I was taking off on a flight in SLC back to LV yesterday around 1 pm and it was raining super hard and lighting was going off all around us. And when I landed in LV it was all hot and dry and sunny and I was really bummed....would've liked to stay in the rain!

Elisabeth said...

Cool lightning picture! Did you use your point and shoot?

sinika said...

Yes I did! I just changed the settings to night, low light and it made the shutter speed slower- pretty neat.

Nielson said...

Love that lightening shot!

Lindz said...

Sinika, you always get the best storm & sunset pics!! I want to sit on your back porch with you & watch this cool storm!! LOL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...