Tuesday, August 24, 2010

when you're helping you're happy

We had our special back to school night on Monday to get Elliott excited for First Grade! He loves this night. He chose soup and bread bowls for dinner, had sparkling fruit juice in goblets and strawberry shakes for dessert. He got to wear the crown during dinner too. :)

Mr. Oliver will be in Miss Jodi's preschool this year. We'll have to get another crown for next year when he starts at the big school!
Our family theme for this year is "When you're helping you're happy." We talked about helping our teachers at school, other kids at school, our parents, our brothers and our church teachers.

We have tiny stickers that the boys can put up when they share something with us about helping someone. We've already put some up since Elliott saw a little boy crying at the school open house today and said, "Look Mommy- he's lost- we need to help him." He happened to live in our neighborhood so we stayed with him while they paged his mom. I was so proud of him. I told him that there were soo many people walking all around that kid and nobody noticed that he was lost and scared (even me :( .)

That's exactly the point of our theme! Love it!



Then Adam gave the boys special blessings to help them be happy, help others and learn a lot this year.
I love these nights too- I'll always treasure them.

(Nie inspired me to do this last year and I'm so thankful!!)

3 comments:

Nielson said...

What a fun night! I love the theme too :)

Marci said...

Sinika, I love that in every picture Lincoln has a dirty shirt. That is the same way it is with Zach. He drools and spills EVERYTHING we give him. So cute! I love your theme. Jacob is excited to have Elliot in class with him.

Matt said...

I love the Montana shirt. I just went back for the first time in 8 years! Crazy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...