Saturday, August 28, 2010

playing at the lake

Our last play group for the summer was at this cool lake in Highland that I've never heard of. It's right behind Lone Peak High School. Anyway- it started out soooo very hot. (Does being super hot and carrying lots of kids and gear make anyone else crabby? :) )We had a little picnic and the kids played. I had never been, so I didn't know to have my kids wear their swimsuits!

Oh yeah, and this isn't the first time Ollie went swimming in his pants this summer. Our discussion before we left home went something like this, "Please Ollie- wear shorts- you'll be wading in a lake! And it's going to be soo hot today!" He just said, "No! When I wear these pants, I can feel the sun through them, so that will keep me cool." (Huh?!) "Okay, well, you'll want to wear your sandals so you can get them wet." He just said, "I don't want to get in- I won't get wet." I usually bring an extra pair of shorts and sandals, because I know he'll need them. But not this time. (He ended up riding home in his dry undies, that I do keep an extra pair of in the car at all times.)
Little Miss Addie


Even Linc got in. So glad they could cool off while I was sweating like mad.


Climbing Babies


Ollie with his new found treasure and Elli, Ben and Elliott. If I remember right, Benny was trying to make quicksand.
He carried this thing around and kept throwing it in the water (and having me throw it in) to see how big of a splash it could make. So funny what they think is fun...



Then Michael (in the red hat) caught a fish with his net. That was pure excitement for the kids. I'm not sure if E was trying to give it some bread?
Cara and the celebrity fish.
Elli

{Addie and Ty}
Then the clouds rolled in and cooled us off. And then it started to rain! It felt so good. It was a good, long storm too.

The rain kept coming so we all gathered under our shade umbrellas (thankfully Linds shared with us since we forgot ours!) I love this classic picture!

Then the kids decided they wanted to get rained on.
Rain on the lake.
{Ann and her kids}
When there was a break in the storm, we made a dash for our cars and then the sun came out again, and I was sweating by the time I had all the wet clothes in a pile and our stuff back in the car. Whew! What a fun summer storm! I will miss playgroup (or sometimes I like to call it Mom's Group) until next summer. Thanks Ann!

2 comments:

lindsey v said...

You got some good pics and I'm glad you took lots of Ollie in his pants and shoes so he can look back and see what a funny little guy he was.

Mom Swalz said...

That's a fun park- not many people know about it. Looks like a great way to end the summer days! Great pics Sini :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...